Monday, December 10, 2012

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules Intensive Treatment: A Review


What is with long names? I have never understood why products have to have such long names that don’t even make sense and are so hard to remember that by the time you have read the last word you will probably forget the first word. For someone who even forgets her anniversaries long names can be a bane especially when you are trying to remember the name at the store. Anyways enough of my cribbing. Let me move on to reviewing the product (Now for the sake of convenience or sheer laziness I will refer to these capsules as just “the product”).



How the Company Describes the Product

“Pure, potent, intensive single dose capsules. Our innovative CLX Complex delivers the restorative power of Ceramides and essential lipids to help strengthen skin's barrier against the visible signs of time.
  • Visibly improves skin tone and clarity.
  • Supports skin's own natural collagen levels for a firmer, more resilient look.
  • Works to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
  • Retexturizes skin for a noticeably softer, smoother look.”

Well, you know how disappointed I was with the October box and one of the reasons for it was this product. The tiny five capsules were disappointing enough (Really it was only five) and a anti ageing product did not seem to be high on my list of skin care needs. However I was really hoping to see at least teensy weensy results regarding improvement of skin tone and clarity. I did not see anything. I mean it did nothing. Now I really did not have very high hopes considering the quantity but for the price which is a whooping 3400 bucks for sixty capsules I expected to see at least something.



To use it I broke off the top of the capsule and squeezed out the oil on my palms. The quantity is just about enough to cover the face and neck. Thankfully the oil has no weird smell. After cleansing the face, I applied the oil and slowly massaged it into the face and neck. The oil absorbed quickly into the skin leaving the face moisturized. It is non greasy and you do not have to end up with an oily face.



The problem: Well, I got tiny red bumps after that. I do not have sensitive or oily skin mind you and experiment a lot with skin care but somehow this product managed to give me those small, extremely itchy zits on my chin and neck. These remained for around four to five days after which I used it again just to make sure whether this was the product that caused the allergic reaction and lo behold I get those zits again..Aaaarghhh!!! Seriously I felt like killing someone that day.

I used three of the capsules and except for the zits I did not really notice anything. I have read great reviews for it on the net but my experience with these was not good. I guess it is meant for mature skin. Have you tried this product and how was your experience using this?
            

6 comments:

  1. whoa! so expensive and a dud product at that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know..thank god for samples..I would die if I had bought the full size pack

      Delete
  2. u told abt them to the EA SAs. They said its a complete no for me and said it can cause side effects on younger skin. And u proved them right. They told me to ask my mom to use. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it wit my Velvette box and really I wish they at least noticed the age before sending across such a product...I really wished I had the sense to ask the EA SAs too instead of using it

      Delete
  3. Hey I have used this too! Same experience. Did not do a darn thing for me.

    ReplyDelete

A Feast for Your Eyes! My New Mac Haul

There are days when you can go completely overboard and fortunately for me (and unfortunately my bank balance) today was one of those days ...